Please Note: This sign-up is ONLY to volunteer for Meet the Breed at the Seattle Kennel Club Show.
About Meet the Breed:
Every year PSLRA hosts a “Meet the Breed” at the Seattle Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show. This is another great opportunity for the Club to educate the public about our wonderful Labrador Retriever breed, including sharing details about the breed, and discussing the breed standard.
Meet the Breed volunteers will present their dog in one of the rings for a half hour showcase. It provides the attendees a chance to see several representatives of the breed in one place, ask questions and get up close and personal with the dogs.
Meet the Breed will be scheduled at a reasonable time following the Breed’s Conformation ring time, and participants will gather ring side at the Meet the Breed Ring at the designated time (TBD).
- We are looking for at least 3 Volunteers with 1 dog each representing the 3 colors of the purebred Labrador Retriever: Black, Chocolate & Yellow.
- Ideally we will have enough volunteers so we can represent both males and females of each color, (a total of 6 dogs)
- This my include 1 dog each from 6 volunteers.
- Or, some volunteers may choose to bring 2 dogs, (if they are comfortable handling 2 dogs while interacting with the public).
- Volunteers must be comfortable discussing the Labrador Retriever breed, the breed standard and answering general questions about the breed.
- Labradors Retriever participants must be at least 6 months of age to be present at the event.
- Dogs need to be well socialized/mannered, with both people and other dogs.
- The show is attended by many people of all ages, including families with small children who will want to pet your dog.
- Other dogs will be present in the Meet the Breed ring, so dogs need to be comfortable interacting with dogs they may not know.
- You and your dog do not have to be entered in the show to volunteer for Meet the Breed.
- If you are not entered in the show, and would still like to volunteer, please let Marlys Swanson and Jill Mahoney know in advance.
- Jill Mahoney will work with the SKC Event Chair to make arrangements for you and your dog to enter the venue.
- All volunteers for Meet the Breed are responsible for paying for their own parking at the event.
- Canine Influenza (CI): Please be aware that Canine Influenza or Dog Flu, is a highly contagious viral infection affecting dogs. Dogs in close contact with infected dogs in places such as kennels, groomers, day care facilities, performance events, etc. are at increased risk of infection.
- Please Note: If you volunteer for Meet the Breed, please commit to participating and do not cancel at the last minute.
“Meet the Breed” is considered a special attraction at the Seattle Kennel Club Dog Show, where pre-selected breeds are presented by knowledgeable owners/handlers, showcasing their breed’s specific characteristics.
Meet the Breed Chair: Marlys Swanson